Why Nottingham Business School?
Nottingham Business School (NBS) is a thriving part of Nottingham Trent University (NTU); we are internationally renowned as one of the best business schools in the UK, providing excellent education and research that has a powerful, positive impact on careers, businesses and the global community. We have one of the largest, most diverse faculties of any business school, bringing you innovation theories, huge business experience and inspiring, supportive teaching.
We know that NTU is a great place to be a student, but it’s fantastic to see all the external recognition the University has celebrated in recent years. Here is a list of some of our recent accreditations and rankings:
- NTU named ‘University of the Year’ in the 2017 Times Higher Education awards.
- NTU is ranked 16th in The Guardian University Guide 2019.
- NTU is ranked 37th in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
- NBS have been shortlisted for ‘Business School of the Year’ in the 2018 Times Higher Education Awards.
- NBS have achieved both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations
- NBS are ranked in the top 95 European Business Schools in the Financial Times
- NBS ‘Masters in Management’ courses are ranked in the top 100 in the Financial Times.
There isn’t a better time to join us for your degree!
Connections to industry
We have 600+ connections with business and industry around the world, providing you with a vast international network of professionals.
- All of our courses are overseen by a group of advisers that includes international employers and alumni, ensuring course content is up to date and relevant to business needs.
- We run a graduate recruitment fair and other industry-focused careers events each year, giving students the chance to meet graduate employers and find out about future employment opportunities and internships.
Our Business Leader Lecture Series sees students learn from senior leaders of major organisations including IBM, Experian, Unilever, Santander, Ford, Alliance Boots, Toyota and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
A truly international experience
We are committed to providing each of our students with an education and experience with an international perspective, no matter which course you choose to study.
- We work with over 80 partner institutions around the world, which provide study abroad and summer school opportunities.
- We have an outstanding international reputation and attract a global community of students and staff from more than 80 countries.
- Students have the opportunity to take part in summer schools hosted by our partners across the world.
Don’t just take our word for it – hear what our students have to say about studying and living in Nottingham as well as the courses and facilities.
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice. 98% of our postgraduates are in work or further study within six months of finishing their degrees (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016-17).
- Our full-time MSc students can choose to add a year's work placement.*
- We work with over 70 companies each year to provide consultancy opportunities for our students.
- Our students have a choice of major project. Opportunities include a live consultancy project, a three-month internship, an international summer school, or a business research project.
- You can get involved with Global Responsibility Week and Global Business Week.
*excluding MSc Entrepreneurship, MSc International Business (Single Award) and MSc International Business (Dual Award). We also have a dedicated Employability team, who offer tailored advice to inspire and enhance every stage of your career planning.
We understand that applying for university can be expensive, you might be able to get a scholarship to help fund your studies. We award scholarships to those students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
If you are a home or EU student please visit our fees and funding page which gives you details on the scholarships available and the postgraduate loan from the UK government.
If you’re an International student holding an offer to study with us, you can apply for one of our international scholarships. Please visit our international scholarships page for details.
Some international students may need additional education in order to qualify for a degree. In conjunction with its partner organisation, Kaplan International Pathways, Nottingham Trent University offers a number of entry route options for students, including undergraduate and postgraduate pathway courses.
A pathway course offers complete preparation for university-level study, and is taken at the Nottingham Trent International College. Upon successful completion of their course at the required level, students planning to progress are guaranteed a place on their chosen degree.
Nottingham Business School
Nottingham Trent University
NG1 4BU Nottingham, England, United Kingdom