TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF LIBEREC
The history of the Technical University of Liberec goes back to 1953 when the Technical College of Mechanical Engineering was established. From that time onwards the College offered academic programmes in Mechanical Technology, and in the Design/Construction of Textile, Glass, Ceramics and other Machinery. These academic programmes and related research activities corresponded directly to typical industries found in Northern Bohemia. In the late 1950s, a new academic programme – Textile Technology – was offered at the College. In 1960, the College was divided into two faculties, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the Faculty of Textile Engineering. Also, the name of the College was changed to the College of Mechanical and Textile Engineering.
Proud of What We Do - Technical University of Liberec
Top-level results in research and science, excellence in teaching and interdisciplinary collaboration have stood for the Technical University of Liberec since 1953. Around 7000 students study at seven faculties and one specialized institute.
In the field of technology transfer, the Technical University of Liberec has a tradition of research in close cooperation especially with the textile and automotive industries. This has guaranteed excellent placements to graduates. Furthermore, the University is involved in more than 100 research projects worth almost USD 3 million and in contract research.
While connected globally, the University understands its responsibility as an institution uniquely located in Central Europe and engages in cross-border projects.
The TUL offers all three study program types: bachelor studies, master studies, doctoral studies.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Textile Engineering
- Faculty of Science, Humanities and Education
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Arts and Architecture
- Faculty of Mechatronics, Informatics and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Faculty of Health Studies
The Institute for Nanomaterials, Advanced Technology and Innovation
Why the Technical University of Liberec?
- Excellent placements
- Cutting-edge research
- Great sports
Why the Czech Republic?
- Great nature and culture
- Country of Bata footwear
- Home of Skoda and Volkswagen
Accommodation in the University Halls of Residence
Our Halls of Residence in Harcov (Liberec) was the winner of The Best University Halls of the Year Award in years 2014, 2013 and 2011.
International students are guaranteed accommodation in the university's Halls of Residence.
Advantages of living in Harcov:
- comfortable (two rooms share a bathroom and a kitchenette)
- near to the main campus (approx. 15 minutes on foot)
- affordable (approx. USD 110/month in a double room or USD 183/month in a single room)
- rooms are fully equipped (including blankets, pillows and bed linens)
- washing machine, vacuum cleaner, etc. available on site
- ATM of Komerční banka on site (in block B)
Sports and Leisure
The Technical University of Liberec is proud of its excellent sports facilities. The offer is wide from bodybuilding to tennis, swimming, sauna and so on. You can go and try out for yourselves.
Programs taught in: