Doctorate in Civil Engineering (Ph.D.) University of Cyprus
- Compulsory: 120 ECTS
- Recognition of prior studies: 56 ECTS
- Restricted Elective: 24 ECTS
- Writing Stage: 40 ECTS
- Total ECTS: 240
- Successful completion of the requirements of the Programme.
- Students who have joined the doctoral program after successfully completing a relevant Master's program can be credited with a maximum of 56 ECTS for graduate courses they have successfully attended previously. These 56 ECTS count towards fulfillment of the required 80 ECTS coursework.
- The maximum number of ECTS that can be credited to students with a graduate degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is 56, while the maximum number of ECTS that can be credited to students with a graduate degree in other fields of study is 32. The crediting of ECTS is not automatic; it is subject to the approval of the Department’s Council based on recommendations made by the CEE Graduate Studies Committee. The committee’s recommendations follow a well-documented petition by the student and a relevant recommendation by his academic advisor. For the fulfillment of the required 80 ECTS coursework, the student must choose and successfully attend courses that are not the same or similar to those credited from previous studies.
The program aims to provide the students with novel knowledge and aspires to educate them to:
- develop critical thinking,
- seek continuous professional development,
- introduce and adopt innovative concepts/ideas, technologies and methods in their practice,
- accept interdisciplinary collaborations for the holistic approach and efficient solving of problems considering the environment.
Program Tuition Fee
Graduates of the program have professional opportunities in academia (as postdoctoral researchers or lecturers) and in both the private and public sectors in design, construction, maintenance, management, or research and development.