Doctor of Psychology in Christian Counseling St. Marcos Theology University
Time is on your side!
St Marcos Theology University has something for everyone. Now with our Accelerated Degree Programs, you can complete your Master’s or Doctorate Degree in one year. Let your hard work and dedication pay off by achieving your degree in half of the time.
St Marcos Theology University educational programs prepare students for religious vocations as ministers, professionals, or laypersons in the categories of ministry, counseling, theology, education, administration, music, fine arts, media communications, or social work.
The objective of our Doctorate in Christian Counselling is to further your education in the counseling field. Attaining this prestigious level of education will no doubt allow you to counsel your patients with confidence but also educate those eager to learn how to counsel as well.
When you graduate from this Doctorate program, you will be able to
- understand the various aspects of Christian Counselling
- identify the stages of grieving and how to address and resolve the issues related to it
- work with survivors of traumatic events
- help assuage the emotional pain of those grieving
All courses are 6 semester hours that have to be completed within 6 weeks:
- 1 - CRC 800 Counseling: A Christian Perspective
- 2 - CRC 825 Motivational Interviewing
- 3 - CRC 850 Counseling Ethics: A Christian Perspective
- 4 - CRC 875 Treatment Planning
- 5 - CRC 900 Crisis and Grief: A Christian Perspective
- 6 - CRC 925 Understanding and Treating Complicated Grief
- 7 - CRC 950 Grief Counseling Across the Life Span
- 6 - CRC 975 Loss, Trauma and Resilience
- 7 - CRC 1000 Therapy with a Terminally Clent
- 8 - CRC 1025 Group Support for Bereavement and Loss
- 9 - CRC 1050 Self-care (optional)
- 10 - CRC 1100 Graduation Thesis/Project in Grief Counselling