Doctorate in Governance (DGov) Institute Of Public Administration
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The DGov is a 4 - 5 year professional doctoral programme. It provides public policy-makers and public sector managers with advanced knowledge and high-level critical skills that their professional lives demand. Students explore how public policy-making has evolved and is continuing to evolve due to changes in the structure and practices of the modern state. The programme will enable policy-makers to gain a comprehensive understanding of issues and patterns of governance in Ireland and abroad. It involves the study of various modules and the preparation of a research project.
The DGov programme:
- Provides a unique curriculum of doctoral-level education
- It is delivered under the direction of a team of acknowledged academics and practitioners
- Focuses on applying academic understandings and skills to professional practice
- Facilitates research into and debate on key issues affecting policy-making and governance.
- Creates opportunities to develop inter-jurisdiction networks
- Involves residential study sessions to facilitate learning and esprit de corps among participants and teaching staff
- Includes a doctoral research project on a subject of the participant’s choice
- Provides extensive participant support, including an induction workshop, personal tutorials, and progress tutorials at each study session.