Ph.D. in Management Ibn Haldun University
Why Management Ph.D. at Ibn Haldun University?
The Ph.D. program’s mission is to educate students from across the globe who aspire to become scholars and make new contributions to management. We bring together our first-class faculty and cutting-edge research methods in an immersive, exciting study environment where the next generation of management scholars can refine their expertise. Our Ph.D. program combines highly relevant and structured training in the first two years with close mentorship from supervisors to help students cultivate their research skills for pioneering interdisciplinary social science research. With our Istanbul location, ample funding opportunities (including a fee waiver and stipend), and powerful commitment, we are dedicated to supporting and stimulating our doctoral students in a multicultural environment to realize their full potential.
While the Ph.D. program provides solid training in the theory and methods of various management fields, it also allows the students to apply the theory to practice. Besides rigorous course work covering strategic management, organizational theory, behavior, and operations management, students gain hands-on experience in the research process by working with faculty members on research projects from the early stages of their studies. In this respect, we conduct interdisciplinary social science research that profoundly impacts how the world does business. Thus, the program offers students a highly stimulating learning environment to be influential in the future of management.
Our Ph.D. students receive sophisticated training in the latest research methods, enabling them to pursue productive academic careers. Their training consists of two parts: coursework to provide them with the required research skills and the existing body of knowledge and a closely supervised thesis. The program runs on a full-time basis in English. During the coursework stage, students are required to take four core and four elective courses (for a total of 24 credits) in different management fields, including strategy, organizational behavior, finance, marketing, operations, information systems, and entrepreneurship. Having successfully defended their thesis and following the completion of any required amendments, they are awarded a Ph.D. degree.
- MAN 600 Seminar
- MAN 601 Advanced Research Methods I
- MAN 602 Advanced Research Methods II
- MAN 681 History of Management Thought
- MAN 682 Theoretical Perspectives and Research in Strategic Management
- ECON 602 Advanced Macroeconomics
- ECON 603 Advanced Microeconomics
- MAN 603 Organization Theory
- MAN 604 Theoretical Perspectives and Research in International Business
- MAN 605 Special Topics in Organizational Behavior
- MAN 610 Special Topics in Finance
- MAN 623 Marketing Theory
- MAN 631 Capital Markets and Portfolio Theory
- MAN 632 Selected Topics in Corporate Finance
- MAN 633 Selected Topics in Islamic Finance
- MAN 634 International Financial Markets and Derivatives
- MAN 635 Big Data and Business Analytics
- MAN 662 Management of Innovation and Technology
- MAN 664 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MAN 668 Special Topics in Information Systems
- MAN 683 Advanced Multivariate Data Analysis
- MAN 684 Econometrics for Finance
- Students will gain expertise in their field of interest. The program's broad-based training also includes opportunities for personal and professional academic development.
- Students will be able to demonstrate their independent research and thought leadership through publications in top-tier academic journals and present at prestigious international academic conferences, as well as seek opportunities for networking and participating fully in international research activities.
- Students will be well-equipped with all the skills they need to compete effectively in the academic job market.
- Our Ph.D. program accelerates students’ careers to the next level with practical knowledge they can implement immediately in their work.
- Our Ph.D. program will empower students to boost their business skills and gain the knowledge and networks necessary to get them where they want to go.