PhD in Smart Manufacturing The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Located at the Clear Water Bay of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a research-focused institution that ranks first among the top young universities in the world (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings, 2020). With an international outlook and global reputation, the university aims to be a leading university, both locally and internationally, through excellence in teaching and research.
With the unprecedented demand for high-end talent in support of the development of Hong Kong and the world, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou) (HKUST(GZ)) will be set up in Nansha, south of Guangzhou, to synergize with its Clear Water Bay (CWB) counterpart, nurturing talents and facilitating collaboration amongst Hong Kong, the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) and beyond on education, research and knowledge transfer.
- HKUST has rapidly risen with a global reputation for excellence.
- HKUST has a strong team of international faculty. There are over 690 faculty at HKUST coming from more than 35 countries and regions. All faculty members are Ph.D. holders coming from leading universities.
- HKUST offers a robust research infrastructure for the faculty and students. There are over 85 Research Institutes, Centers, and Joint Labs in Hong Kong and Mainland.
- HKUST has a truly global and diverse postgraduate student community with more than 5,800 postgraduate students coming from over 70 countries and regions.
- HKUST provides strong entrepreneurship support to aid the students’ discoveries into tangible solutions and technology.
- For more details, please visit here.
The HKUST Distinctive Academic Structure
While capitalizing on the well-established disciplinary foundation (Science, Engineering, Business, Humanities, and Social Science, and Interdisciplinary Programs) at the Clear Water Bay campus, HKUST(GZ) will chart new territories in higher education pedagogy through a unique and non-conventional Hub structure consisting of four Academic Hubs (Function, Information, Society and Systems) and a wide spectrum of cutting-edge Research Thrust Areas.
HKUST offers a range of research postgraduate programs leading to the Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees. For program details, please visit here.