Gdańsk University of Technology (Polish name: Politechnika Gdańska) is one of the oldest universities in Poland and the largest technical university in Northern Poland.
It was established in 1904 and since then has been educating world-class engineers in various areas of science and technology.
Located in Gdańsk – a city with a thousand-year tradition and the gate to the Polish coastal line – it is the perfect place to study and enjoy student life.
Main strengths Gdańsk University of Technology
- Gdańsk University of Technology was recognized as the best technical research university in Poland in the competition of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- First place in 2018 and second place in 2019 in the ranking of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education measuring the popularity of studies among candidates.
- GUT was classified as one of the 10 most beautiful universities in Europe according to the Times Higher Education University Rankings.
- The University is composed of 9 faculties with 37 fields of study.
- It employs 1200 academic teachers and educates 14 thousand students.
- Graduates not only find a job easily after graduation but also often successfully create and run their own businesses.*
- For potential candidates, it is important to know that Gdańsk University of Technology is one of the most popular universities among young people.
- International students at GUT enjoy unique support, both during the admission process and the duration of their studies, from the International Students and Visitors Office (ISVO)** – an entity dedicated to promoting the University internationally, recruiting candidates from abroad, and supporting newcomers.
*According to a nationwide survey, earnings of Gdańsk University of Technology graduates are in the fourth place among graduates in the country.
** ISVO is a part of the International Relations Office of Gdańsk University of Technology and was created to provide information and counseling to international candidates and students. Supportive, multilingual staff can answer questions regarding applications, the university, legalization of stay in Poland, accommodation, and help with solving any problems that may arise.