Charles University Faculty of Arts
Prague, Czech Republic
Earliest start date
* Germanoslawistik is a free program.
The language of instruction is German. Germanoslawistik is a free program.
Admission procedure: in two parts
Contents and subjects of the entrance exam:
First part (max. 15 points)
1. Evaluation of the dissertation project
· Clearly formulated and at a good technical level, minor deficiencies: 12-15 points
· Clearly formulated and at a good technical level, more serious but acceptable deficiencies: 8-11 points
· Weak, not convincing, only hypothetical prospects for a successful project completion: 4-7 points
· Insufficient, without any orientation in the problem: 0-3 points
Second (oral) part (max. 45 points)
1. Technical discussion on the submitted dissertation project: 0-20 points;
2. Evaluation of previous subject-related work and previous studies: 0-10 points;
3. Knowledge of the research literature on the topic: 0-15 points.
All registered applicants are invited to the oral part.
Further examination conditions:
Knowledge of German at least at level B2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), ie applicants should be able to read research literature independently and to understand linguistic / literary lectures and discussions. The admission interview is partly held in German. Since studying at a partner university also requires knowledge of English at least at B2 level, the oral entrance exam is partly conducted in English at the applicant's option. When assessing all parts of the examination, the oral expression of the applicant is also taken into account.
Recommended topics of the dissertation projects:
· Higher levels of the language system of Germanic and Slavic languages (functional morphology, syntax, text syntax and linguistics, stylistics, lexicology, pragmatics) in the perspective of theoretical debates or application
· Historical development of the Germanic and Slavic languages
· Literary theory
· Literary history with a focus on German and Slavic research areas
· Cultural history with a focus on German and Slavic research areas
· Comparative Studies
The applicants discuss the selected topic in advance with the head of the relevant specialist council, doc. Mgr. Libuše Heczková, Ph.D.
Contact: [email protected] .
Other information: germanoslavistika.ff.cuni.cz