Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The program aims to offer knowledge and expertise for a career in the academic world, or to pursue a variety of other opportunities in which a strong mathematical background is important. Past students are on the staff of universities in the UK and abroad, and senior statisticians and managers in industry and business.
Available research areas
- Number theory
- Functional analysis and spectral theory of ordinary and partial differential operators
- Calculus of variations and partial differential equations
- Numerical analysis
- Theoretical and computational fluid dynamics
- Operator algebras and non commutative geometry
- Algebraic topology
- Algebraic geometry
- Quantum field theory and statistical mechanics
- Conformal field theory and vertex operator algebras
- Image processing
- Operational research
- Time series analysis
- Probability theory and statistics.
- Lively research environment, extensive seminar program.
- Conference and workshop support, including annual Welsh Mathematics Colloquium.
- Optional participation in undergraduate teaching, including HEA accreditation.
- Colloquia are held regularly and each research group has a weekly research seminar.
- The School hosts and participates in frequent workshops organised by WIMSC research clusters, with which the research groups are associated.
- The many collaborative projects with groups in other institutions in the UK and abroad, bring a steady stream of distinguished visitors to the School.