The Mission of this institute is to cultivate students with the knowledge and ability to become either professional energy engineers or researchers. Three main research areas are fully developed and supported by the project of “Develop First-Class Universities and Top-Level Research Centers(MOE),” several important projects from “National Science and Technology Program-Energy(NSC)” and some related industries.
Main Research Areas:
- Green energy: photovoltaic component and system, wind energy, biomass energy, MOCVD.
- Energy storage: proton exchange membranes and solid oxide fuel cells, technologies related to lithium batteries and hydrogen storage.
- Energy saving: LED, heat exchanger, refrigeration, and air-conditioning, green building technology.
- Carbon reduction sustainable clean coal gasification and CO2 capture technologies.
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 18 credits (including “Graduate Seminar” course for 3 semesters)
Duration of Study: 2~7 years
Other requirements :
- Pass doctoral candidacy qualification examination within six semesters after enrollment (excluding the period of leave).
- Elective Courses
- Publish at least two SCI journal papers (IF≧0.2)
- Pass an oral defense of the dissertation.
Research Facilities & Labs
- Energy Storage Program
- MOCVD Design Center
- Biomass Gasification/ Pyrolysis System Laboratory
- Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Fuel Cell Test for System Performance Evaluation and Activation
- Study Plan
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency
- Master Thesis
- Related Academic Publications
About the School
National Central University was originally founded in Nanjing, China in 1915. NCU had later developed into a renowned academic institution with comprehensive programs and outstanding faculty, enjoying ... Read More