The "Executive PhD Program in Management" jointly offered by the University of Antwerp, the Antwerp Management School and the Management Center Innsbruck is a four-year, part-time research-based program. It provides the perfect fit for senior executives who have been seeking for high-level DBA programs.
This international Executive PhD Program aims at applying state-of-the-art knowledge and relevant research skills to contemporary business problems. As a premium executive development program, designed to be academically rigorous and intellectually challenging, it closes the gap between traditional PhD and professional DBA programs.
The Executive PhD program will be delivered at the Antwerp Management School as well as at the Management Center Innsbruck campuses.
Executives and senior business professionals who want to
- achieve a highly distinguished academic degree,
- combine their work experience with high-level academic research,
- learn from and collaborate with renowned universities,
- establish or strengthen links with the academic sector,
- pursue a career at the interface of academia and business,
- further develop their research skills and methods,
- broaden and deepen their intellectual capabilities.
- MBA, Master’s level or equivalent university degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant managerial experience
- Demonstration of academic and professional progression
- Pre-selected field of research which should show high potential for business and management research.
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one business)
- Successful completion of the intake procedure
- Supervisor and doctoral committee
- Peer support through the cohort of PhD students
- PhD circles and workshops, conferences, doctoral colloquia
- Integration into the research groups at the participating universities
- Blended learning environment
- Quality assurance through the UAntwerp and the Antwerp Management School
- Didactical concept and definition of content and requirements through the UAntwerp and Antwerp Management School
- Inspired by current business problems
- Based on critical literature review, contribution to management research and empirical research
- Public defense of the thesis before a committee of internal and external examiners
at the UAntwerp